"Oh The Places You'll Go..."

Friday, October 27, 2006

Boracay, Phillipines

Fall break 2004 was spent in the Phillipines. We flew to Manila then spent a few hours on a bus then boarded a small boat that took us to the island of Boracay.
The only minor problem was there were no docks so we had to carry our luggage through the water to the waiting boat. It was very beautiful here but it rained a lot! Our hotel "The Pink Patio" provided the flourescent pink umbrellas so that was nice. We spent a lot of time snorkeling, playing on the beach, swimming and drinking yummy milkshakes from Jonah's snack bar.


One night I got a banana chocolate shake and could have sworn there was a bug in it but it just turned out to be a giant banana seed. I still wasn't convinced so the lady took me in the back, peeled a banana and showed me the seeds. Sorry but the bananas I'm used to don't have seeds that big! Jeff gladly finished my shake for me.

Other highlights of this trip include the yummy food (Mexican, Mongolian BBQ, giant Calzones!) and the massages. Some nights we would have someone come to our room and give us an hour long body massage. It was great because we could just fall asleep since we were already in bed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home